Saturday, January 10, 2009

Your Mother

The times my dad's been manic (right now total's two such times) he's constantly used the phrase "your mother" when referring to my mom...always is a negative or degrading way. It got old really fast. It's occured to me, this time around, that my dad has never really loved my mom. Last time dad was manic it was before I got married...now I know what a loving relationship is like...and it's nothing like the way he treats her. He doesn't ever put what she might want above himself. He doesn't ever think of her needs, or how what he does might affect her. I believe that once upon a time my dad was in love with my mom, but I'm pretty sure it was just feelings...not any actual sacrificing love. My husband would die for me...I'm pretty sure my dad wouldn't even take notice if my mom needed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment